Vintage fashion style clothing is all about the old classy looks and exquisiteness. There are people and there is a fashion that comes and goes but the lure of vintage fashion always seems to be timeless.
Vintage is old fashioned that never goes out of fashion. Old is gold rightly so and once you go through my recommendations of some of the old school, fashion you would certainly like to add some your wardrobe.
Denims, capris, high boots, skirts are some of the vintage fashion styles that are quite in trend.
Vintage is a commonly used to refer to all old styles of clothing. A generally accepted industry standards is that items made between 20years ago and 100 years ago are considered “vintage”.
From vintage high-waisted shorts and distressed band tees, to vintage dresses and retro-inspired style.
It is a generic term for garments originating from a previous era……. Today vintage dressing encompasses choosing accessories, mixing vintage garments with new, as well as creating a group of many styles.
Here are some pros and cons of vintage fashion
|1. Stylish||1. Not climate friendly|
|2. Inexpensive||2. No fair production|
|3. Easy to find||3. A bit more expensive|
|4. Long-lasting||4. Can also be second hand|
|5. Hight quality||5. Not long-lasting|
Vintage fashion style clothing retains and increase in value due to the fact that it is genuinely from a past era. In Finland the vintage scene resulted in a registered non-profit organizations called Fintage.
One of the reason retro styles became a fashion byword during the late twentieth and early twenty-first centuries can be attributed to the rage for vintage clothes.
After almost a decade of simple, spare, less-is-more fashion, many women sought relief from the minimalist mode at swap meets, thrift shops, and vintage boutiques.
Examples of Vintage by Era:
- 1920s : Flapper dresses, long beads, heeled Mary Jane’s , and T-straps shoes.
- 1930s : Bolero jackets, puffed and fluttery sleeves, fedoras, oxfords, slingbacks, and peep-toe shoes.
- 1940s : Straight tweed and wool plaid skirts, reptile handbags and shoes platform shoes, brooches.
- 1950s : Full skirts and petticoats, shirtwaist dresses, fur trim, twin sweater sets, strings of pearls, Wayfarer sunglasses.
- 1960s : Early – Anything Jackie Kennedy style – elegant box- jacket suits and pillbox hats; late – bell-bottom jeans, flowing tops, hippie/bohemian style.
- 1970s : Platforms, Bikini bag, flare jeans, boho-chic, boots(especially thigh-high), block heels, khaki.
- 1980s : Izod golf shirts, gold chains, blazers and sweaters with strong shoulder pads, stilettos.
- 1990s : Baggy flannel shirts, leggings, big sweaters, chokers.